Content Types 101: The CartoonPosted: December 11, 2012 | Author: Tamara Bredemus | Filed under: Metadata, SharePoint | Tags: Content Types |2 Comments
Content types in a nutshell:
- Plan your Content Types.
- Create Site Columns on the Parent Site if possible.
- Create a Parent Content Type that includes Site Columns all child Content Types will have in common for ease of updating.
- Create your SharePoint Content Types on the Parent Site so you can use them on sub-sites.
- Add Site Columns to your Content Types.
- Add your Content Types to your List or Library.
Want to see the deck including demos? Content Types 101: Easier Than the Theory of Relativity
Special thanks to Rae of Words of Rae: raerei.com/blog for this lovely cartoon.
Love it Tamara!!
I was happily surprised when Don Donais sent this to me. Someone at the SharePoint Saturday Twin Citites event drew this cartoon.