Hey Tamara, Why can’t I delete the Calendar view I created in my SharePoint Online list? To delete any other view all I need to do is select Edit current view from the view drop-down and hit the delete button on the next screen. I don’t get that option when I try to edit the Calendar view. HELP!
Whew! That sounds frustrating. You are right in that the delete option is not available from the Edit current view selection. The Edit the current view option for the Calendar view looks like this.
Not a delete button in sight.
You can still delete the Calendar view the old-fashioned way.
- Go to the list with the Calendar view.
- Click on the cog in the upper right corner.
- Select List settings.
- On the List settings page, scroll down to the bottom where the views are listed.
- Click on your Calendar view.
- Now you will see the Delete button. Click the Delete button and the view is deleted.
Remember, deleted views do NOT go into the Recycle bin.